Главная Регистрация FAQ Пользователи Покупка MITSUBISHI Поиск Сообщения за день Все разделы прочитаны

Вернуться   OUT-CLUB.RU > Технический раздел > English pages

Важная информация

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 21.09.2008, 07:14   #31
Бывалый

По умолчанию Ответ: Russian Outlander/Outlander XL/Airtrek club invites you.

can you post in english how did your member modify the tail light by installing led. we would appreciate the procedure how yuo did it. thanks . meldy
Guest вне форума   Вверх Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.09.2008, 12:24   #32
Sergy
Модератор OUT-CLUB.RU

Hello meldy

I wrote about it here: http://www.mitsubishiforum.com/m_235579/mpage_2/tm.htm

Nothing special. You need the sharp knife and accuracy.

Or are you interested in electric circuit ?
Sergy вне форума   Вверх Ответить с цитированием
Старый 22.10.2008, 15:21   #33
Бывалый

Dear Sergy,
Great work on the tail lite modification.. Me and a couple of friends are very excited to look at this.
could you give us an idea about the difficulty of the electrical circuit?

Looks great!!
Старый 23.10.2008, 21:18   #34
Sergy
Модератор OUT-CLUB.RU

Hello (meldy?)

I asked our members they answered, by the order:

1) electric circuit:

2) another picture:

Our member write: need to install safe diode 1N6275 - for protect from voltage exceeding over 15v.

3) there are more pictures - how to unmount tail lights, try to translate:

Pull out the upper plastic cover gently (no screws, only pawls):

Right plactic cover: unscrew one screw, pull out gently:

Remove the right rubber with rear washer pipe:

He used the small mill-saw to open the plastic cover (instaed the knife for glue removing):

Another our member gave the path for searching the "tail" and "stop" signals: tail signal - from licence plate lighting, stop - from center upper stop-light of the 5th door.

Hope that help.

PS: if you can't see the pictures - you must to login, this pictures are from our forum attachements, accessible only after login.

Последний раз редактировалось Sergy; 23.10.2008 в 22:07.
Старый 28.10.2008, 14:06   #35
Бывалый

thanks for the information.

meldy
Старый 21.03.2009, 11:59   #36
Yopt
Житель Клуба

По умолчанию Re: Russian Outlander/Outlander XL/Airtrek club invites you.

讲英语的好,和亚洲人的俱乐部呢?日语或汉语你在这里,你可以谈?
Yopt вне форума   Вверх Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.03.2009, 12:08   #37
Sergy
Модератор OUT-CLUB.RU

31 square boxes... [IMG]http://www.*********/files/thinking.gif[/IMG]
At first look - Yopt is a proffessional photographer, then "photo film", but... what else ?
Старый 21.03.2009, 18:27   #38
Yopt
Житель Клуба

not quite understand what the photo film =) but above all I am a professional seo freelancer, search engine optimization and promotion of web sites, and photography is a hobby -)

ps By the way Sergei great idea to make a section in the forum for people speaking other languages, this will not only be useful to them, but it can attract visitors from other countries in search engines, better google of course.

Последний раз редактировалось Yopt; 21.03.2009 в 18:31. Причина: ps -)
Yopt вне форума   Вверх Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.03.2009, 18:35   #39
Sergy
Модератор OUT-CLUB.RU

I saw on my web-browser @work 31 square boxes
now @home I see chinese ieroglyphs.

My answer:
让创造中文/阿拉伯文/日本的网页在我们的网站上,但Yopt将主持人

It is mean: let create chinese/arabic/japanese pages on our site but Yopt will be moderator.

PS: "photo film" - I mean a roll of film which I often used about 10-15 years ago...
Старый 29.04.2009, 13:07   #40
Бывалый

Hi there my fellow Airtrek/Outlander Turbo owners. My name is Aaron. Some of you may know me as Monsta from EvolutionM.

I am the Owner/Tuner of the very powerful Airtrek Turbo that has been the topic of some posts on this forum. I have tuned many Evos and Airtrek Turbos as well as modified Honda Turbos and Nissan Skyline GTR

Im going to outline the modifications of my vehicle and the installation.

I havent being able to join your forum even though Im happy to translate from Russian to English etc using google translater. If someone is able to help me with this, that will great! My email is evoair@windowslive.com

I bought my ATR in 2005 brand new. The first mod that I did was install a Hallman MBC and Boost Gauge. I found that boost was limited in first and second gears. I set the boost controller to peak at 18psi in each gear.

Using a G-tech Pro I tested the stock 0-60mph time at 7.5secs. Using the boost controller only that time dropped to 6secs.

The next mods that I did was a fuel pump/cams/safc
Fuel Pump: Walbro 255 for EVO. This was easy to install and took @30mins. The only issue was that a needed to solder the wires onto the pump instead of using the connectors provided.

Cams: Kelford 264 Rally cams. This took around 4 hours as the intercooler needed to be removed. When the cams were off, I checked the Valve springs against stock Evo 7 ones. There was not any difference and I am happy to use them for any cams up to 272 and 7800rpm.

SAFC: This was installed as per normal. Was an very rough way of tuning the car, but worked for what I needed at the time.

At this point I increased boost pressure up to 24psi peak and this reduced my 0-60 time to @5.5secs
I did however find that because of heatsoak in the intercooler, the boost dropped when I did long runs on boost. At this stage I decided to install Water Injection to offset the increase in intake temps.

Water Injection: CoolingMist Kit. The install took @2hrs. The kit came with 150psi pump, 2ltr bottle, Boost switch, check valve, tubing, nozzle. It set the system up for water only and @300cc per min. Once I did this all my long boost runs were consistant. 0-60 5.2secs

The car was running very very well, but when the summer came I started popping of the rubber intercooling pipe as the heat was so high. Ecuflash became available in the states, so even though I was not sure that I could reflash the Airtrek, I ordered a cable from Tatrix.
Through experimentation I found the grounding pin next to the odbII connector and manage to upload the rom from the ecu!!!! Then I set about finding the fuel maps etc and making a definition for my rom. Evoscan got released and I was able to tune my car properly.

Re-tune using flash 0-60 4.9secs

Stock ATR turbo-Evo7-GT35R

Because I could log and tune, I decided to step up the mods and decided to put on a Evo turbo and front mount intercooler. I bought a new Evo7 turbo with a 10.5cm housing and an Ebay dump pipe and a secondhand stock evo7 exhaust manifold and air intake. I also bought a selection of intercooler piping, joiners and a custom sized intercooler that I new could fit behind the bumper without too much cutting.

Turbo/Intercooler etc. This was a pretty easy thing to do. Removing the old intercooler and turbo was easy and the fitting of the new turbo/manifold etc when in without to many problems. The dump pipe lined up perfectly with the old front pipe.
I used custom piping from the turbo to the intercooler and from the intercooler past the tranny and then changed to stock Evo 7 upper intercooler piping.
The only problem was the oil/water feeds to the turbo. Got custom braided hoses made.

I was able to run 22psi peak with the stock ATR injectors and 28psi peak with 50/50 Meth water. Got my first Dyno tune done and made 240KW at the wheels on 28psi with stock exhaust!! I managed to find someone who was selling a 5zigen ATR exhaust and had that put on and re-tuned to 260KW at the wheels.

Exhaust-5Zigen cat back with custom 3" front pipe. This was easy to install. I had a local Exhaust shop make me a custom 3"front pipe as it was much cheaper than buying a Evo 7 one from Japan.

Intake: ARC Evo 7 intake. Easy install took 30mins. Made it much more intake and blowoff valve noise.

Blowoff valve: The stock ATR valve was leaking heaps so got a Evo 7 one and that worked fine.

Rear LSD: After helping a friend change his to an RS LSD setup on his Evo 4, I noticed that the diff housings were identical to the ATR. I found a Evo9 RS LSD on ebay. It was a very easy install, but because you have to take the rear axles out, it takes time.

The Rear LSD completely changed how the ATR drove!! It made its so much better with power oversteer available at will!!

Wheels: Put on some Enkei RP03 17" wheels with Toyo tyres. They were much lighter than the stock wheels and look nice without standing out. I made sure that they had enough offset for me to do a brake caliper change in the future.

Brake Rotors and Pads: For the moment I installed Slotted rotors and Ferodods2500 pads on the stock brakes. Made a massive increase in performance, which was needed as the stock brakes are awful.

Tranny pressure increase: Did the pressure increase outlined in your forums. Did a good job of increasing shift pressures and speed.

At this stage the car run 12.9secs on the 1/4 mile @106mph. This was without launching as the tranny definately couldnt handle that.

This wasnt enough power and because the Evo turbo still hit peak boost with the torque convertor RPM, there was alot of wheelspin exiting corners as the torque was so high. It made it very difficult for me to drive twisty roads as fast as I like.

This is when I planned the big turbo. Initially I used a GT35R.

Turbo: Garrett GT35R with 0.63 exhaust housing

Exhaust Manifold: Evo 7+ T3 manifold from china. It used quality materials but with poor welding. It makes good power and Ive had to repair it alot, but I still like it.

Wastegate: Tial v-band 44mm

Intake Manifold: The stock ATR intake manifold has very long runners like the N/A manifold and is not very good for power. Changed it to a Evo 6 Intake manifold. Hard install only due to access- Had to run an aftermarket fuel rail as the accelerator cable rubbed against the stock fuel reg.

Fuel Pressure Reg: Because of the custom fuel rail, I got an aftermarket pressure reg.

Injectors: Precision 880cc injectors.

Zeitronix Wideband: I wanted to tune myself without going to a dyno. One of the best things I have bought for the car.

Intake: Custom 4" pipe

Catch Can: 2ltr custom

Blowoff valve: Greddy Type RS with single spring mod.

Battery: Rotated battery 90 degrees to fit the new intercooler piping.

Intercooler piping: redid intercooler piping with a much shorter route and rolled tube ends so I wouldnt pop a silicon joiner

Fans: Went to two slim line fans. Now only running one as it works fine and the other one melted because of how close it was to the hot side of the turbo lol

Brakes: Mitsubishi GTO 4pot calipers with Evo5+ 320mm Brembo discs. Made up an adapter and it fitted perfectly. Had to grind off the "mitsubishi " on the caliper as it a very very tight fit with the wheels on.

ARP Headstuds: Put these on for security. Still running stock block.

Exhaust- The 5zigen one was too restrictive for the new setup so I fabricated a new 3" one myself with one resonator and a HKS muffler. This setup flows well and meets the 95dB law we have here in New Zealand. Looks less flashy for that "stock" look.

Water/Meth Injection: My earlier Meth kit had a pump that wasnt designed to handle meth and hence the seals blew. I then designed a system that used the stock Windscreen washer bottle with an extra washer pumpas a priming pump and a 200psi Coffee machine inline magnetic pump. This custom kit flows 1200cc per min

Front LSD: Got a Evo 9 RS front diff and installed it in the transfer case. Easy job aside from the fact you need to remove the front driveshafts.

On the dyno I made 340KW at the wheels on 24psi with the GT35R, but all wasnt well. Because of the tendancy for the auto box to change to the highest gear possible and fact that the GT35R compressor is a little large for the 2ltr the turbo was surging extremely badly. Also because the torque convertor locked up at 3200rpm and full boost was at @5000rpm there was a massive flat spot in the power delivery. Power would ramp up nicely on the torque convertor then fall flat on its face until 5000rpm.

It was at that point I decided to go slightly smaller to a GT3076 0.82 exhaust housing. This ramped up nicely on the torque convertor and continued its smooth power delivery righ through the rev range. I made similar power to the GT35R but had much more area under the curve- making for a much better driving car. Boost comes on very linear and firm and the car balances nicely on the power through a corner.
I love the change to the smaller turbo and would never recomend that ATR auto owners to go bigger than a GT30R or Evo Red.

Not long after the big turbo conversion I got the Auto tranny rebuilt. They used Borg Warner friction and cnc machined new plunger for the solenoids so they ramp up the pressure for the shifts better. I also got the torque convertor changed to a 4100rpm Stall. This means that The box spools up the turbo better and makes for excellent launches.

I have also found how to tune the Auto Box using Ecuflash. I can change how hard and fast the gearbox changes etc. It took me a year of parttime work to find the maps for the tranny and am one of two people in the world I know of who have found those maps.

I started having major issue with spark breakup so installed separate coils and ignitor so handle the extra power.

Have made 400KW at the wheels at 35psi on 50/50 meth water and have done 80,000km with the car modified from day one. And my current quickest 0-100kph is 2.6secs. This was at the drag strip with street tires and a VHT prepped track

Some videos on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/user/evoair69

Any questions please ask

Thanks

Aaron
Пользователь сказал cпасибо:
Старый 30.04.2009, 11:06   #41
Alex9k
Старожил Клуба

Hi Aaron!
Thanx a lot for the info and images. Great work!
Alex9k вне форума   Вверх Ответить с цитированием
Старый 04.05.2009, 22:38   #42
Volonter
Старожил Клуба

Great car Aaron!)))Where are you from?
Volonter вне форума   Вверх Ответить с цитированием
Пользователь сказал cпасибо:
Старый 05.05.2009, 11:34   #43
Бывалый

Hi there- Im from New Zealand. We were lucky enough to the Airtrek Turbo sold new.
Старый 06.06.2009, 01:31   #44
Бывалый

Hi from Hungary !

I have an outlander turbo ! Do you have any solution except the ecutek to write the Ecu ? Or an Ecu pin out for the outlander turbo ? Or anybody wired a SAFC II or Greddy emanage ! Thank You for your help ! Gergo
Старый 10.06.2009, 00:31   #45
Бывалый

One more question, is there any body there with TD05 turbo evo8 or 9 ? And Evo 8 or Evo 8 MR camshaft ?
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра